Welcome Chris Conohan ~ New MS/HS Principal

I am excited to join the Wisconsin Heights School District as the principal of the MS/HS. I was born and raised in the Madison area. I received my bachelors degree from Edgewood College and UW-Madison. In 2016, I earned my masters in Educational Leadership from Viterbo University.

Prior to Wisconsin Heights, I taught for thirteen years in the Middleton – Cross Plains Area School District at Elm Lawn Elementary School and Kromrey Middle School. The final two months of the 2015-16 school year, I served as the interim principal at West Middleton Elementary School. In addition to teaching, I served as a mentor to new teachers and have lead professional development on reading, writing, assessment and engagement strategies. While at Middleton-Cross Plains School District I lead professional development for district staff and also for literacy staff at Sauk Prairie and at Daystar Academy in Beijing, China.

Outside of school I enjoy camping with my boys and exploring state parks and historic sites. We also enjoy Badger Basketball and Brewer games.

As a leader, I like to be visible and interact with staff and students. Visiting classrooms to talk with students about their thinking also gives me the opportunity to promote the great work students and staff do on a daily basis.

The next step I take begins with getting to know the staff at Wisconsin Heights MS/HS. Who they are, their talents, passions, priorities and needs. We will establish a shared vision to guide our direction. It goes without saying that I’m extremely excited for students to walk through the halls on September 5th reaching their highest potential. I look forward to the months ahead.