The Wisconsin Heights Educational Foundation, Inc
The Wisconsin Heights Educational Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit tax-exempt organization operating independently of the school district and governed by a volunteer Board of Directors that includes local citizens and community leaders. Annually, the Foundation helps raise funds for scholarships for dozens of Wisconsin Heights graduating seniors. The Foundation also serves as an umbrella organization for other non-profit organizations in the community with like goals, including Wisconsin Heights Players and Connect to Kids.
Purpose of the Foundation
The Foundation was established to enhance the breadth and quality of educational experiences for our students and all members of the Wisconsin Heights School District and community.
Goals of the Foundation
The goals of the Wisconsin Heights Educational Foundation are to:
- Fund student scholarships and mini-grants, innovative partnerships between and among students, community members and staff for extraordinary learning projects.
- Support and enhance student achievement, creativity and personal growth.
- Reward staff for innovative efforts and exemplary teaching.
- Promote a sense of community and shared commitment among individuals, business and civic organizations.
- Encourage service, volunteerism and stewardship through charitable activities.
Supporters of the Foundation
We welcome and encourage support from anyone who would like to join us: parents, students, community members, grandparents, retired citizens, educators, alumni, business people and elected officials. Your involvement is a great way to be positively involved in making a difference in the lives of our young people.
How you can be involved
You can assist with the work of the Foundation through:
- Personal gifts of cash, checks or securities.
- Pledges, paid monthly, quarterly or annually.
- Payroll deductions for Wisconsin Heights School District employees.
- Memorial gifts through wills, trusts, insurance policies or real estate.
- In-kind or cash-equivalent gifts such as property, collections, merchandise or equipment.
- Volunteering time and expertise on a committee, or to help with special projects and events.
- Purchase an engraved brick on the Legacy Walk. The cost is $75. If interested in sponsoring a brick contact Jim Craney at Craneys@charter.net
Where Can I Get Further Information?
We welcome your calls and questions! You may contact any one of the following officers of the Foundation Board of Directors:
Steve Nelson, President 767-3336
Kay Butcher, Secretary 767-2466
Kay Millonzi, Treasurer 767-1505