National Honor Society
Nick Winters, Advisor
How do students get into NHS?
- Minimum GPA is 3.5, by the end of your sophomore or junior year.
- Students fill out the application and get it back to the advisor by the deadline.
- All 4 characteristics (Scholarship, Service, Leadership, Character) are weighed equally, so make sure all parts are complete.
- The whole high school staff is given copies of your application and is involved in choosing NHS members, so those chosen are chosen by everyone to some extent.
- There is a group of 5 staff members—which changes every year and remains anonymous—that votes, using the input from all staff members, to select or not select each student.
- The advisor does not get a vote but does get to give input as much as all the other staff members.