The Wisconsin Heights School District Nurse is responsible for all schools in the district and provides the following list of nursing services:
- Student screenings – vision, hearing, and blood pressure.
- Training and oversight for medication administration by school staff.
- Creation and coordination of emergency health plans for students.
- Update and report student immunization records per State of Wisconsin Student Immunization Law.
- Training and oversight of emergency response within the school buildings.
- Development and maintenance of nursing and health-related policies and procedures for the district.
- Participation in student evaluations for IEP or 504 as needed.
- Collaborate with local health departments in communicable disease prevention, control, and intervention.
Student Health Guidelines
Please do not send your child to school if one of the following symptoms is present:
- Temperature greater than 100.4 degrees F: may return after 24 hours fever free without the aid of fever-reducing medications.
- Vomiting: may return 24 hours after the last episode.
- Diarrhea: may return 24 hours after the last episode.
- Rash: open and draining or if a fever is also present; may return after 24 hours fever free or on prescribed treatment for 24 hours.
- Chickenpox: may return when all pox is dry and scabbed over; about 5 to 7 days after the start of the rash.
- Head lice: treatment including removal of nits shall be done at home; may return after treatment is complete.
- Contagious diseases: strep throat, impetigo, pink eye (bacterial), scabies, ringworm, and other diseases not listed: may return after being on prescribed treatment for 24 hours.
We will call you to pick up your child if one of the above symptoms is present.
Also, please let the school know of any communicable disease (such as chicken pox) that your child has contracted so the school can take the proper steps to prevent spreading the illness.
It’s important to keep your contact information up-to-date at your child’s school.
Please call the Middle/High School at 608.767.2586, Mazomanie Elementary at 608.767.2737 or Black Earth Elementary at 608.767.2251.