Wisconsin Heights Summer School Program 2020
What are you doing this summer?
How about teaching in Wisconsin Heights Summer School Program? What is it you’ve always wanted to share with kids, but just never have the time during the regular school year? What special skills or talents do you have? This could be a great opportunity for you to share your talents in our Summer School Enrichment Program! We need creative, two or three week exploratory/enrichment courses to offer to our district students so we keep them thinking and learning throughout the summer.
Here are the details:
- Summer School 2020 will be held at the Middle/High School and will run for 5 weeks.
- Monday – Thursday / 8:00-12:00 classes / Teachers contracted 7:45-12:15
- Session One – Three weeks (12 days): June 15th –July 2nd
- Session Two – Two weeks (8 days): July 6 th – July 16th
- Teacher’s hourly rate is $25.00/hour. If enrollment does not justify the class, the class will be cancelled or combined with another grade level. Numbers will not be known until after registration. Almost all classes get filled.
- Summer School Enrichment Classes
- NEW – If we get enough teachers we will be offering Enrichment classes BOTH sessions.
- Must be a certified teacher
- 8:00-9:15 – Period One
- 9:15-9:30 – Snack Break in Period One classrooms
- 9:30-10:45 – Period Two
- 10:45-12:00 – Period Three
- Period Length 75 minutes
- If you feel your class needs to be a longer time period you can combine sessions to make for a longer session (example 8:00-10:45 or 9:30-12:00 or 8:00-12:00)
- Teachers will be paid for 75 minutes of their class as well as 15 minutes of prep. Period One (15 min. prep is from 7:45-8:00) Period Two (15 min. prep is from 9:15 – 9:30) Period Three (15 min. prep is from 12:-12:15)
- As course proposal forms are turned in, I will put them in a google doc so that you may see what other courses are being offered and at which grade levels. The goal is to have a variety of options for all grade levels during each period of the day. Courses that are too similar in content will be taken based on a first come first serve basis. You might be asked to tweak your course a bit or change the period it is taught to fit the needs of our program.
- Course ideas can be found in a shared google drive labeled summer school enrichment ideas.
- Teachers will determine the cost for each session based on the session needs
- Courses will need to have a minimum of 10 students to run and then you set a maximum level of 15-20 students or more
- Classes will be offered on a first come, first serve basis and may fill up during our on-line registration.
- Courses will be offered for a grade range: going into 1st -2nd / going into 1st -3rd / going into 3rd – 5th / going into 6th -8th / etc.
Timelines and What to Do:
- Notify the summer school principal via email of your interest in teaching a summer school course or filling a summer school position.
- Fill out the proposed summer school enrichment form for EACH enrichment course you are proposing. Due by March 20th or ASAP.
- All approved courses will be printed in the summer school brochure which will hopefully be sent out to students on April 7th with the on-line registration opening on April 14th through May 5th.
- Notification of summer school contracts will be approved at the May 11 th board meeting. Contracts will be issued after that.
- Requisition forms for any supplies/materials needed for your class will need to be turned in ASAP – no later than the last day of school or you may not get your supplies on time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Summer School Principal